Cosmetic Bonding – Creve Coeur, MO
Quickly Repair Your Teeth’s Minor Aesthetic Flaws
What Is Cosmetic Bonding?
During the cosmetic bonding procedure, your dentist applies a tooth-colored resin over a tooth (the resin is the same material used for tooth-colored fillings). The resin is molded in a way that allows it to disguise the tooth’s aesthetic flaws. A special curing light hardens the resin, and your dentist adjusts it to make sure it looks fantastic. The doctors at Feigenbaum Dental pay great attention to detail to ensure that the bonding’s color, size, and shape complement the surrounding natural teeth and your overall facial characteristics.
Who Is a Good Candidate for Cosmetic Bonding?
If you have any of the following imperfections in your teeth, cosmetic bonding may be able to help:
- Small gaps
- Teeth that are too small or otherwise misshapen
Keep in mind that we usually only recommend cosmetic bonding for patients who would like to improve the appearance of just one or two teeth. If you would like to undergo a total smile transformation, porcelain veneers or another cosmetic solution may be a better option for you. During your consultation, we’ll talk to you about your goals, explain the pros and cons of your treatment options, and help you decide on the best way to achieve the gorgeous grin you’ve always wanted.
Benefits of Cosmetic Bonding
Some benefits of cosmetic bonding include:
- It is cost-effective. Cosmetic bonding is one of the most affordable cosmetic treatments.
- It is noninvasive. To help the bonding adhere to teeth, we must slightly roughen up the enamel, but no significant tooth alteration is necessary for cosmetic bonding to be a success. The noninvasive nature of the treatment also means that it is reversible (unlike porcelain veneers, which are permanent).
- It is comfortable. The process is so gentle that we usually do not use anesthesia on patients who are receiving cosmetic bonding.
- It is fast. Cosmetic bonding takes just one appointment to complete. This is in contrast to porcelain veneers, which typically require at least two appointments.
- It is durable. Depending on how you care for your cosmetic bonding, your results could last for about 5 years or so before replacement becomes necessary.
- It is natural-looking. You will not have to worry about onlookers noticing that you have had a bit of cosmetic work done on your teeth.
Would you like to learn more about cosmetic dental bonding, or are you ready to schedule your consultation? Contact the team at Feigenbaum Dental today. We are eager to help you love your smile!