Cosmetic Dentistry – Creve Coeur, MO
Giving You Your Ideal Smile
People have long looked for ways to improve the look of their smiles. Ancient Egyptians came up with ways to whiten their smiles, and since then there have been lots of developments in cosmetic dentistry. Now, anyone with an imperfect smile can finally find a solution at the dental office of Dr. James Feigenbaum and Dr. Jenna Feigenbaum with cosmetic dentistry in Creve Coeur, MO.
Cosmetic dentistry includes a variety of treatments that can take on all levels of dental imperfection. Most cosmetic dentists enjoy seeing patients light up when they see the changes a smile makeover can make in their overall appearance, and we are no different. As family dentists, we take the happiness of our patients very seriously, and cosmetic dentistry can do a world of good for your emotional health. The following information will let you know what to expect when you decide to undergo cosmetic dental services.
Tips For Choosing a Cosmetic Dentist
Whom you choose to improve the look of your smile can have a big impact on your final results. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you are choosing a cosmetic dentist:
- Different services can achieve similar results. For example, different professional whitening products can all make your style look stunning, and porcelain veneers and cosmetic bonding may look very similar right after the procedure. It’s important that you research the pros and cons of different cosmetic options and choose a dentist who provides what you are most interested in.
- Personality matters. Your cosmetic dentist should be focused on helping you achieve the results you When you have your appointments, you should feel listened to and deeply respected.
- Reviews can give you insight. Reviews of a dental office can let you know how other patients felt about their experience there. You can learn if the patients were comfortable, how the staff treated them, and whether they were happy with the outcome of their treatment.
Your Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
Your consultation is your first step on the path to your ideal smile. We’ll talk to you about your goals and expectations for treatment. We’ll also closely examine your oral health and take some images and X-rays of your teeth. Then, we will let you know what we recommend as the best way to reach your desired results, and we’ll discuss why we recommend specific treatments. If you have any questions or concerns about what we say, feel free to ask. We want you to be an active member of your smile makeover team, not just a passive participant.
The Benefits of Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic dentistry can improve the look of your smile, but what does that mean for your everyday life? Here are just a few examples of how more attractive teeth can affect your day to day existence:
- You’ll smile more. When you are confident about the way your teeth look, you’ll want to show them off. Research suggests that smiling can help you to cope with stress and even promote your overall health.
- You’ll look younger. Yellow, misshapen teeth are often associated with old age. Addressing aesthetic issues in your teeth can help you gain a more youthful glow. Plus, a beautiful smile can detract attention from signs of aging on other areas of your face.
- You’ll be motivated to take care of your teeth. The results of cosmetic dentistry can last for a long time — if you stick to good dental health habits. Your determination to maintain your new look may help to protect you against cavities.
Our Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
We offer a number of cosmetic procedures that can address virtually any aesthetic imperfection in teeth, from staining to misalignment and every issue in between. Our cosmetic offerings include the following:
Porcelain veneers could be the perfect cosmetic solution for patients who would love to transform their smile all at once instead of undergoing multiple procedures. These custom-made, high-quality sheaths of dental porcelain are designed to be permanently attached to your natural teeth, hiding aesthetic flaws and creating a new, beautifully lifelike appearance you can feel proud of. In most cases, the entire porcelain veneer process takes place across just two easy appointments.
Orthodontics is traditionally used to straighten smiles for oral health reasons, but no one can deny that a crooked smile isn’t exactly cosmetically pleasing, so we offer a variety of cosmetic treatments. If you have minor problems with the straightness of your front teeth and would like a quick way to change the look of crooked teeth, we may have a treatment plan available for you. We also offer Invisalign to give you clear braces options at our cosmetic dental office in Creve Coeur.
Teeth are not naturally bright white to begin with, and most smiles become even more lackluster over time due to staining, advancing age, and general discoloration. They don’t have to stay that way, though! Here at Feigenbaum Dental, our team offers both NiteWhite Teeth Whitening and Colgate Optic White as cosmetic options that can gently and safely brighten your smile by several shades in the comfort of your own home.
Cosmetic Dental Bonding
Sometimes, all you need is a simple smile pick up. With cosmetic dental bonding, our dentists can reshape slightly damaged teeth conservatively. During the procedure, we mold a tooth-colored resin over the teeth and harden it with a special light. It’s that easy! While porcelain veneers are often used for patients with chipped or gapped teeth, they require tooth modification prior to placement. If your smile’s damage is minimal, cosmetic dental bonding offers an alternative to porcelain veneers.